LALISA is the debut single album by Lisa. It was released on September 10, 2021 with "Lalisa" serving as the album's title track.
Background and Release
On August 23, 2021, a coming soon poster was posted on BLACKPINK's social media accounts. On August 26, a teaser poster was posted announcing the release date of her debut single album, Lalisa. Two days later, a visual teaser video was posted. The track list poster was revealed on September 6. An hour before release, Lalisa countdown live was held on V Live.
On September 10, Lisa performed her solo on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Music show promotions began on September 19 at Inkigayo, where she had her solo debut stage, and ended on September 26 at Inkigayo.
On September 20, 2021, a teaser poster, announcing the release of an exclusive performance video for "Money", was posted on BLACKPINK’s social media accounts. Two days later, it was announced that the video was postponed until the 24th due to the process of perfecting the quality of the video taking longer than expected because of the Chuseok holiday. The exclusive performance video was released on September 24, 2021 through BLACKPINK’s social media accounts.
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)||144|
|South Korean Albums (Gaon)||1|
|South Korean Albums (Gaon)||3|
|South Korean Albums (Gaon)||20|
- Lisa revealed the meaning behind her title of the album as, "I think LALISA is a song that can show the strength and confidence of my name well. The special reason for choosing my name as the album name was that I wanted to capture my coolest appearance. It means that the solo album itself is me."
- Lalisa has sold over 371,000 copies on Ktown4u, making it the eighth best selling album.
- Lalisa ranked among the top 10 best selling albums in history on Ktown4u.
- It's the second best selling album in history by a soloist.
- It sold 96,844 pre-orders in the first 24 hours, making it the biggest first day sales for any female album in history.
- It ranked among the Top 100 best selling album in Ktown4u's history in just 7 hours.
- It has spent 11 consecutive days at #1 on Ktown4u daily chart.
- Lalisa gained 800,000 pre orders worldwide in just 4 days. It’s the fastest album by a K-Pop female soloist to achieve this.
- Lalisa has sold over 950,000 copies total worldwide.
- Lalisa sold over 522,000 digital copies in China, making it the the second best selling 2021 K-pop single.
- It's the 9th best selling single (all genres) in 2021.
- It has been certified Platinum on QQ Music.
- Lalisa sold over 831,000 copies on Hanteo, making it the highest selling album by a female artist on Hanteo.
- It’s the fastest album by a female soloist/act to achieve this.
- It’s the best selling female album on Hanteo in its first day in 2021 (330,050 sales).
- It holds the second highest amount of album sales in its first day. The first being The Album.
- It sold 736,000 copies in its first week, making it the highest first week sales for a female soloist/act.
- It’s the second female act to achieve this.
- Lalisa sold 800,000 copies on Gaon, making it the best selling album by a female soloist.
- It’s certified x2 Platinum. (500,000 in sales)
- It debuted at #1 on the album chart.
- It’s the best selling album in Hanteo history surpassing The Album.
- Lalisa gathered a total of 7,766,050 unfiltered streams in its first 24 hours on Spotify. Its the second biggest debut for a K-Pop female album and third overall in the platforms history.
- Lalisa earned the second largest weekly debut for a Korean female act with 39.27M streams on Spotify.
- Lalisa has over 660 million total streams on Spotify.
- It’s the fastest album by a K-Pop soloist/female act in history to reach 200 million streams. (40 days)
- It’s the fastest album to reach 300 million streams (60 days).
- It's the fastest album to reach 400 million streams (90 days).
- It's the fastest album to reach 500 million streams (139 days).
- It’s the most streamed album by a K-Pop soloist in history on Spotify.
- It’s the fifth most streamed album by a K-Pop female artist in history on Spotify.
- It's the second most streamed album released in 2021 by a Kpop female artist.
- It’s the most streamed debut project by a K-Pop artist in the platforms history.
- Lalisa debuted at #74 on the Japan Hot 100.