Kill This Love is the second Korean mini-album by BLACKPINK. It was released on April 5, 2019 with "Kill This Love" serving as the album's title track and "Don't Know What To Do" as a sub-title track.
- "Kill This Love" - 3:09
- "Don't Know What To Do" - 3:21
- "Kick It" - 3:11
- "Hope Not (아니길)" - 3:11
- "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (두두두두)" (Remix ver.) - 3:21
Background And Release
YG Entertainment released a statement saying that the lead single would be more "intense" than previous BLACKPINK songs but have a "strong rhythm" like "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du", and that the video choreography would be more "dynamic" than previous efforts.
YG Entertainment began promoting the EP on March 25 with a teaser poster featuring Lisa. On March 26, Jennie's teaser poster was revealed. Jisoo's teaser poster was revealed the next day. Rosé's teaser poster was finally revealed on March 28. The official group teaser poster was revealed on March 29. The music video teaser was released on April 2.
The music video for "Kill This Love" debuted on YouTube on April 5, 2019, at midnight KST.
|Japanese Hot Albums (Billboard Japan)||9|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||10|
|South Korean Albums (Gaon Album Chart)||3|
|Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE)||30|
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||23|
|US Top Album Sales (Billboard)||10|
|South Korea (Gaon)||17|
|US World Albums (Billboard)||14|
|South Korea (Gaon)||85|
|US World Albums (Billboard)||12|
- "Kill This Love" Official Music Video
- Members teasers:
- It is the second Korean mini-album released by BLACKPINK.
- It is preceded by Square Up.
- Kill This Love has over 800 million streams on Spotify. It's the first mini album/EP by a female group to do so.
- It's the second most streamed album overall by a female group after The Album.
- Each of the tracks have surpassed 50 million streams on Spotify.
- It received the most #1s for a Kpop girl group.
- It was #1 in 35 countries on iTunes.
- The album received 2x Platinum Certification on QQ Music (value of $300,000+) (first K-Pop girl group to achieve this).
- Kill This Love ranked at #12 on Billboard Worlds Albums Year-End Chart. (2020)
- Kill This Love is the best selling girl group album on Gaon Chart in 2020 that was not released on the said year. It sold over 98k copies.
- Kill This Love is the 8th best selling Korean girl group album on Gaon.
- Kill This Love has been certified Platinum by Gaon for over 250,000 copies sold.
- Kill This Love EP is the second longest Korean female album to chart on Billboard 200 (4 weeks). It was originally the longest female album to chart before being surpassed by The Album.
- Kill This Love gained 292,753,818 streams in 2020 on Spotify. It's the 2nd most streamed female K-pop group album in 2020.
- Overall, The Kill This Love EP is the second most streamed album of all time by a K-Pop act on Spotify. (758.8M) The first being BLACKPINK’s The Album.
- Kill This Love is the first K-pop girl group album to top the iTunes UK album chart.
- Overall, Kill This Love has sold 463,000 copies on Gaon. It is the third best selling physical album on Gaon by a YG artist overall.
- Kill This Love has surpassed 240,000 copies on Hanteo making it the best selling female group album released in 2019 on Hanteo chart.
- Kill This Love has sold over 100,000 equivalent album units worldwide in 2021 so far.
- Kill This Love is the fourth most streamed K-Pop girl group album with over 2.99 billion total global streams.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|