Kill This Love is the second Korean mini-album by BLACKPINK. It was released on April 5, 2019 with "Kill This Love" serving as the album's title track and "Don't Know What To Do" as a sub-title track.
- "Kill This Love" - 3:09
- "Don't Know What To Do" - 3:21
- "Kick It" - 3:11
- "Hope Not (아니길)" - 3:11
- "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (두두두두)" (Remix ver.) - 3:21
Background And Release
YG Entertainment released a statement saying that the lead single would be more "intense" than previous BLACKPINK songs but have a "strong rhythm" like "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du", and that the video choreography would be more "dynamic" than previous efforts.
YG Entertainment began promoting the EP on March 25 with a teaser poster featuring Lisa. On March 26, Jennie's teaser poster was revealed. A day later, YG released Jisoo's teaser poster. Rosé's teaser poster was revealed the next day on March 28. The official group teaser poster was revealed on March 29. The music video teaser was released on April 2.
The music video for "Kill This Love" debuted on YouTube on April 5, 2019, at midnight KST.
|Japanese Hot Albums (Billboard Japan)||9|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||10|
|South Korean Albums (Gaon Album Chart)||3|
|Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE)||30|
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||23|
|US Top Album Sales (Billboard)||10|
|South Korea (Gaon)||17|
|US World Albums (Billboard)||14|
|South Korea (Gaon)||85|
|US World Albums (Billboard)||12|
- "Kill This Love" Official Music Video
- Members teasers:
- It is the second Korean mini-album released by BLACKPINK.
- It is preceded by Square Up.
- Kill This Love has over 900 million streams on Spotify, making it the second most streamed album of all time by a K-Pop act.The first being BLACKPINK's The Album.
- Each of the tracks have surpassed 50 million streams on Spotify.
- It’s the second fastest album by a K-Pop female act to reach 200 million streams (56 days).
- It gained 292,753,818 streams in 2020 on Spotify. It's the second most streamed female K-pop group album in 2020.
- It gained over 200 million streams in 2021, making it the sixth most streamed album in 2021 by a Kpop female artist.
- It received the most #1s for a Kpop girl group.
- It was #1 in 35 countries on iTunes.
- The album received 2x Platinum Certification on QQ Music (value of $300,000+) (first K-Pop girl group to achieve this).
- Kill This Love ranked at #12 on Billboard Worlds Albums Year-End Chart. (2020)
- Kill This Love is the best selling girl group album on Gaon Chart in 2020 that was not released on the said year. It sold over 98k copies.
- Kill This Love is the 8th best selling Korean girl group album on Gaon.
- Kill This Love has been certified Platinum by Gaon for over 250,000 copies sold.
- Kill This Love EP is the second longest Korean female album to chart on the Billboard 200 (4 weeks). It was originally the longest female album to chart before being surpassed by The Album.
- Kill This Love is the first K-pop girl group album to top the iTunes UK album chart.
- Kill This Love has sold 507,000 copies on Gaon, making it is the best selling 2019 album by a Korean female act.
- It is the third best selling physical album on Gaon by a YG artist overall.
- It is the #1 best selling album in the 2010s decade on Gaon.
- Kill This Love is certified 2x Platinum on Gaon for selling over (500,000) copies.
- Kill This Love has surpassed 240,000 copies on Hanteo making it the best selling female group album released in 2019 on Hanteo chart.
- Kill This Love has sold over 100,000 equivalent album units worldwide in 2021 so far.
- Kill This Love is the fourth most streamed K-Pop girl group album with over 2.99 billion total global streams.
- Kill This Love has the highest ranking for a Korean female album on Metacritic. (#61)
- Kill This Love spent 49 weeks on the Billboard World Album chart. It's the second longest running album by a Kpop female act.
- Kill This Love spent 341 days on the Worldwide iTunes Album Chart. It’s the second longest charting album for a Kpop female act. It also spent two days at #1.
- Kill This Love sold 2.3 million equivalent album units worldwide, making it the 22nd best-selling album released in 2019 worldwide.
- Kill This Love spent 359 days on the Worldwide Apple Music Album Chart, making it the third longest charting album by a Korean female act.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|